We know we know, we've been slacking on the spotlights the past few months. Deepest apologies - the spring and summer seasons are a bustling busy time 'round these parts, but we're about to get back into the swing of spotlights!
And now, for your viewing pleasure and without further ado, enjoy this little lovely about Riley + Sunny, who are getting hitched this week...
Riley and Sunny are getting married this weekend, and we are so excited for their concept! When we first met with Riley, we knew her style was a perfect fit for Blossom Sweet: hip, vintage, earthy, eclectic, current, feminine, and classically beautiful all rolled into one. We dare say Riley has style coming out her ears!
And how much do you love these adorable engagement shots by Michelle Frampton of Miesh Photography [100% film photography] - so cute! Riley said of photographer Michelle: "She is a one man show and totally rad."
HOW DID YOU MEET?
- Sunny and I met on a blind date. It's kind of funny because I am not the blind dating type of person but a friend of mine that I lived in China wanted to line me up with her friend and I begrudgingly agreed to go. When I first laid eyes on him I thought he was a fox! We had a fun first date making chinese dumplings, going bowling, and then watching the classic What About Bob. We had so much fun! At the end of the date I was sure he was going to ask me out again but as we were saying goodbye he still hadn't asked me for my phone number! I decided to go ahead and be my headstrong self and say, "Aren't you going to get my number?" I guess he wasn't too intimidated by my straight-forwardness because he started calling me every night afterwords.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING TO DO AS A COUPLE?
- I think one of our favorite things to do as a couple is play outside. We both enjoy going cruising on our longboards, or taking the day off work to go snowboarding. Sometimes we'll take our cat, Elenore exploring or on picnics. Whatever it is, we like to get outside and enjoy the fresh air and beautiful world around us.
- [FROM RILEY] Finding a favorite quality is more difficult than one might imagine! One of my favorite qualities in Sunny is his open-mindedness to new things. Guys with this quality are few and far between so I feel extremely lucky to have Sunny. I tend to be somewhat spontaneous, random, and scattered and it is so nice to have someone who just kicks back and enjoys the ride rather than staying 'in the box'. He finds a way to be playful and supportive no matter what the scenario and I really respect that about him.
- [FROM SUNNY] My favorite quality about Riley is just how playful she is. Also, she has a fresh view on things and it makes me feel lighter when I am with her. She is considerate and makes me happy.
- There are many things that I think are unique about us as a couple. The most obvious one that comes to mind is our differing nationality backgrounds. Sunny is from Taiwan (China), and I have lived in Utah most of my life so it creates a unique scenario for us a couple. Although we were both raised in very different backgrounds, we have found a way to mesh our lives (and cultures) together as a couple. Whether its eating authentic Chinese and Taiwanese dishes or watching The Office marathons on tv, we have found a heavenly little harmony where both of us are represented and happy. I think that is unique.
HOW DID HE PROPOSE?
- Sunny proposed to me on December 27, 2010 by way of scavenger hunt. I woke up one morning to find a clue laying by the side of my bed (it was really cute, he had typed up all of these cles and sealed them with candle wax). The clues led me to different areas around the house where I would find a clue to lead me to the next location. At the last spot there was a little owl with a ribbon tied on its neck and a beautiful ring hanging on to it. Sunny snuck in behind me and got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. Of course I was thrilled and I agreed. Now it is four days until the wedding and we couldn't be more excited!
Thank you so much for doing the spotlight, R + S! We are so excited for your hip concept. Good luck with everything this week.