Wouldn't you love to meet the love of your life on roller-skates? When I first met with today's spotlight couple several months ago, I asked them how they met and they told me they worked at Sonic Drive In back in high school. I asked, "Did you meet over roller-skates?" They confirmed my suspicion. Call me old fashioned, but it just makes me think of a time when poodle skirts, bobby socks, saddle shoes and true side ponytails were in full swing - such a romantic, puppy-love era!
So without further ado, let's get to the task at hand. Courtney and Jake are getting married tomorrow afternoon, and they have graciously agreed to be spotlighted. Their wedding is going to be beautiful - think feminine, ruffly, classic, and vintage (I have mixed feelings about the word "vintage" lately, everyone uses it! It's almost as bad as "fabulous..." don't get me started!). Anyway, yes, it will be a lovely touch of vintage-y, antique-y goodness. It's a gonna be pretty!
Enjoy the spotlight.
Photography by Hiya Papaya
How did you meet and who made the first move?
1. We met in high school at our first job at Sonic Drive-In. I was a senior and Jake was a sophomore. We were just really good friends and neither one of us tried to date the other. Then a few years later we ran into each other while we were on dates with other people. He got my number and the rest is history!
When did you know you wanted to get married?
2. I knew i wanted to marry Jake a few weeks after we were boyfriend/girlfriend. He is my best friend and the greatest man i know. We have such great chemistry and connect on every level. I love him more than anything.
What are your favorite qualities about each other?
3. Courtney's favorite qualities about Jake: His sense of humor. His honesty. His hard work ethic. His love of music. His love for sports. His sillyness. His loyalty. His passion. His sexy legs and arms haha. His sense of adventure. His kindness. His generosity. He teaches me to let the little thing go.Jake's favorite qualities about Courtney: Her tenderness. Her creativity. Her sillyness. Her eyes and lips. Her love for animals. Her kindness. Her big heart. Her sense of humor. Her cleanliness. Her sense of style.
What is the reason you are most excited about to get married?
4. I am most excited to get married to Jake because I know he is the one for me and I want my life to be spent with him. He makes me feel every emotion. He takes care of me. He truly loves me. I want to live my life with him. I want him to be my husband forever and the father of our children. Absolutely no one could do what he does for me and make me feel so special. I am excited to start planning for our future and accomplish our goals together.
How did he propose?
5. I use to work at an assisted living center and while I was loading the residents for work, Jake just showed up, got down on one knee and proposed. It was on Valentine's Day. He said he had the ring for a week and was going to explode if he didn't give it to me. All the residents were cheering and laughing. It was very cute.
Where are you going for your honeymoon?
6. California! We are going for eight days and are very excited! We will be staying in LA and plan on going to the Price Is Right, Universal Studios, Disneyland, the San Diego Zoo, and then just shop and go to the beach and site see! I'm so excited and I know Jake is excited to get work off for eight days.
Thanks so much for doing the spotlight, Courtney and Jake; we're excited for your stellar event tomorrow!